Customer Terms & Conditions
A) Installation Work:
1. All Electrical installation work will comply with BS7671 and any amendments in force at the time of the works.
2. All Electrical installation work will comply with applicable Building Regulations in force at the time of the works.
3. Electrical Installation and Minor Works certificates and Building Regulations notifications issued by Entire Business Group Ltd cover only those works installed by Entire Business Group Ltd & their approved contractors.
4. Where work is to extend or modify existing circuits, costs quoted assume existing circuits are safe and in adequate condition. Any works required to bring these circuits up to standard will be at additional cost and brought to the client’s attention at the earliest opportunity.
5. No addition or alteration will be carried out to rubber insulated (VIR) cables.
6. Where carpet or floor coverings require lifting, best endeavors will be made to avoid damage and to refit to an acceptable standard. However, employing a specialist fitter may be prudent, to effect a fully satisfactory reinstatement.
7. Although every care and attention will be taken by Entire Business Group Ltd whilst carrying out work on-site, we do not accept responsibility, or remain liable, for damage to plaster work, decorations, wallpaper, carpets, flooring or any other on-site structural feature. Inspection and access holes, the cutting of wiring channels, drilling and other works made to accommodate installations will be made good to the best of our ability, but we are not carpenters, plasters, carpet layers etc. Customers should be aware of this and make their own arrangements to return the property to a permanently finished and decorated state.
8. Entire Business Group Ltd will Endeavour to undertake installation work to a clean standard. However, some additional vacuuming and cleaning down of surfaces should be expected afterwards.
9. Any equipment susceptible to damage from dust (e.g. video or computer equipment) must be removed from the work area prior to Entire Business Group Ltd.’s arrival.
10. Where alarms circuits will be disconnected or powered down (for example removal work or inspection work), the customer (or representative of the customer) will need to be present in order to reset the alarm.
B) New Consumer Units:
1. Installation of new consumer units (fuse board) is subject to the whole installation being tested to ensure it is safe to be connected to a new consumer unit. This is a legal requirement under Part P Building Regulations.
2. Any faults found during the above testing which are deemed unsafe (C1), must be rectified prior to that circuit being reconnected to any new consumer unit. Any costs for such work are not included. All issues, including C3, C2 & C1 coded issues, will be brought to the client’s attention as soon as is practical during works
3. In particular it may be necessary to install new main services bonding to water, gas or oil supplies. This is a mandatory requirement and especially common on properties built during or prior to the early 1970s and again these are at additional cost. No circuits can be energized unless the main protective bonding is in place and up to the current standard.
4. Where there is no means of isolating the meter tails (i.e. the cables that connect between the Electricity Suppliers and the Fuse board or Distribution Board), then the customer must arrange with their supplier to have an isolator fitted. This can take up to 2 weeks and may incur an additional cost from the electricity supplier. Work that involves an isolator to be fitted will only be booked in once the customer can prove a fitting date has been confirmed by their electricity supplier). In the event of the electricity supplier not turning up (or postponing) that date – then any cancellation or postponement charges (See below) will be applied.
C) Fixed Wire Testing
Following the testing and inspections, you will be issued with a report on the
condition of the electrical systems and wiring within the premises. You will be issued with schedules detailing circuits and the results of the appropriate testing, which was carried out. You will also be issued with a defects report.
Testing and inspections of all electrical fixed wiring and systems will be carried out to verify the installation complies with the current regulations, BS7671 and any amendments in force at the time of the works.
Sensitive circuits may be omitted from testing if you wish.
The tests carried out shall include, but not be limited to;
· Continuity of protective (earth) conductors.
· Continuity of ring final circuit conductors.
· Insulation resistance between live conductors, and live conductors to
· Earth fault loop impedance.
· Operation of RCD’s.
· Functional testing of RCD’s, switches, controls and interlocks.
· Verification of voltage drop.
The defects report will list any of the following;
· Dangerous conditions.
· Non-compliance with the requirements of the regulations.
Any other findings, which may give, rise to danger. Defects are given fault codes 1 to 3, with 1 being the most serious. An installation, which has any code 1or 2 defects cannot be deemed satisfactory. Once all code 1 and 2 defects have been rectified, the installation is deemed to be satisfactory. It is not necessary for the person or company issuing the report to carry out the remedial works.
Circuits at heights of over 3 metres will be excluded from testing and entered as a limitation on the reports.
This proposal allows for working off stepladders and very occasionally ladders, if any other working at height equipment is needed it may be chargeable in addition.
Code 1 (C1) This means 'Danger present. Risk of injury. Immediate remedial action required.' It is an immediate threat and should be rectified or made safe as soon as possible. An example of a C1 defect would be accessible live conductors due to damage, poorly modified enclosures or removed maintenance panels. Incorrect polarity would also attract a code C1 as it may allow conductive parts, not normally expected to be live, to become live. The presence of a code C1 warrants immediate action to be taken which would be to inform the duty holder or responsible person for the installation immediately, both verbally and in writing, of the risk of injury that exists.
Code 2 (C2) Is a potentially dangerous defect, these might be things that don't pose an immediate threat but are likely to become a danger in the future. A C2 is described as 'Potentially dangerous - urgent remedial action required.' The phrase "potentially dangerous", in the C2 code is designed to point towards a risk of injury from contact with live parts after a sequence of events. A sequence of events could mean that an individual may gain access to live parts through a day to day task that would not be expected to give access to live parts.
FI is described as 'Further Investigation This means that your electrical contractor has observed something whilst carrying out the testing for instance emergency lights seem very dim. This might not have been covered in the report so they have noted it separately as code FI.
Codes C1 and C2 attract unsatisfactory report findings and you'll have to have these defects rectified in order to prove compliance. A report could also be classed as unsatisfactory if the only fault codes are FI. An example would be when there are lots of circuits that are not verified at the time of testing, this is because the inspector would not be able to categorically say that these circuits are safe or not. Code 3 (C3) Is described as 'Improvement recommended.' A code C3 would imply that the installation is not necessarily dangerous but it may not comply with the current version of the regulations or for example, may have damaged fittings that doesn’t have exposed live parts. A code C3, in itself, should not warrant an overall unsatisfactory report. You will need to address C1, C2 and FI faults on your report in order to achieve compliance. Once faults have been rectified and your electrician has issued you with the relevant paperwork, Electrical Installation Certificate (EIC) or Minor Works Certificate (MW) these should be kept together with the EICR to prove all faults have been rectified in accordance with BS7671.Summary
1. Whilst we try to be as helpful as possible and will generally do some limited moving to create access, the clearing and / or moving of furniture and other items blocking access to work areas are not included within the quote.
2. Whilst Entire Business Group Ltd will try and ensure that Electrical items are plugged back in and in working order before we leave the premises, we will not be held responsible for any losses due to any Electrical item not being plugged back in and / or switched on.
3. Entire Business Group Ltd will remove from site and dispose of rubble, materials, general waste and packaging as part of the service. However, it is your responsibility to let us know in advance if anything is not to be removed (such as old light fittings, Fuse boards, switches, etc.). Entire Business Group Ltd may, at their discretion, remove old fittings and wiring for responsible disposal as per our environmental policy.
4. We will Endeavour to arrive at the stated time, however this time is an estimate only (especially where other jobs are carried out that day, or where travel delays, parts delivery/collection, third-party or other delays may be expected) and therefore the customer should make provisions for Entire Business Group Ltd arriving earlier or later than the specified time. Similarly, the customer shall accept that the finishing time is also an estimate and that Entire Business Group Ltd shall not be responsible for any inconvenience caused by an earlier or later than expected finish time.
5. Usually the person who quoted the work would be the person carrying out the work. However, Entire Business Group Ltd reserve the right to send a different qualified and experienced/competent replacement staff member (or subcontractor) should this be necessary (for example absence or other such unavailability).
1. Estimated costs assume continuous and unhindered access to the site by prior arrangement with the client.
2. Unless stated otherwise, the costs quoted assume standard working hours between 08:00hrs – 17:00hrs Monday to Friday inclusive. Work required by the client outside these hours may attract premium rates although we will warn you if this applies. If you are unsure, it is your responsibility to check with us first before agreeing to carry out the work.
3. Additional work not covered in stated costs will attract an additional charge plus materials.
4. Estimates are valid for 30 days from the date of the quote.
G) Risk and Title of Goods:
1. The risk in all goods supplied shall pass to the Client upon delivery.
2. All goods supplied shall remain the property of Entire Business Group Ltd until all sums due have been paid in full.
1. Entire Business Group Ltd warrants its installation work to be defect free for a period of twelve months from the invoice date. Cover does not extend to goods supplied by others, physical damage, willful misuse or instances where the installation has been altered or tampered with by third parties. The warranty also excludes fair wear and tear, and also lamps, fuses, batteries or other such consumable items.
2. Where projects involve works by third party trades, any damage to the Electrical installation by third parties shall remain the responsibility of the Client. Any rectification costs must be paid by the Client prior to commencement of second fix. Recovery of such costs from any third party shall be the Clients responsibility.
1. Unless agreed in writing, the maximum credit limit will be £500 per customer. Therefore, all work over £500 will require a deposit of 25%, at the time of confirming the booking.
2. Unless agreed in writing, payment in full should be made on completion of the specified works, to Entire Business Group Ltd.
3. Where projects involve separate first and second fix works, part payment may be due on completion of first fix (see quote for more details)
4. Payment is accepted by electronic payment or card (debit or credit)
5. In the event of any non-payment Entire Business Group Ltd reserve the right to withhold any certificates for work carried out until such payments are made.
6. Late payments will be passed on to a debt collection company. If this occurs then you will also be liable to pay interest charges, plus the debt collection companies charges and any legal fees incurred (for example solicitors’ letters and courts fees)
J) Addition Requirements, Extra Work Needed:
1. If any additional work is requested by you, or found to be necessary by us, then it may not usually be possible to complete this work on the day of the appointment (as we generally will have other customers to go to). For this reason, additional work will be separately quoted for, and treated as a separate job, and therefore completed at the next convenient date. Because this is additional work, then this will not exclude you from the payment terms, nor exclude you from the cancellation or postponement terms.
K) Agreement with these Terms and Conditions
1. Booking an appointment with Entire Business Group Ltd shall mean that a. You agree with the price and details of the written quote that you received and b. You agree to these terms and conditions. The link to these terms and conditions will be clearly mentioned on the covering letter or email which your quote is attached. In the event that the quote and booking was carried out verbally (for example over the phone, usually applying to last minute jobs carried out the same day), then these terms and conditions will also apply. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time, and therefore it is recommended that you print out a copy of these terms and conditions as proof of what was applicable at the time of booking your appointment.
2. As these Terms and Conditions will change from time to time, the version that you agree with shall be that valid on the day that the work commences, and not that date of your quote (as the date of booking is usually a date later than that of the quote).
CONTACT US TO GET A QUOTE
Call: 01606 374 994 or Email: